Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Laughter




This morning I was greeted in my kitchen by funny notes galore from my son --
on the kettle, "Caution:  hot!"
on the oven clock, "Can't tell the time,"
on the coffee pot, "Mom, you can wait,"
on the sugar bowl, "Dad, this is bad for you,"
on the utensil drawer, "Nope, you have to use your hands!"
inside drawers, inside the fridge ("Dad, don't even think of taking this for lunch!"), on the floor, dishwasher, you name it.

Having woken up with the ticker of chores running through my head, feeling overburdened, I needed this laugh.   I had to get past the notes on my laptop to post this, though:  
outside, "too much computer time today"
and inside, "I see you!" 

It was a great reminder that a little humor goes a long way.  Like this mailbox that cracks me up every time I drive by.  I finally had to take a picture.  Take time to enjoy the day and have a laugh. 

No comments: