Friday, July 18, 2008

Angel of Learning


In my heart of hearts I'm a learner.  Constantly.  I think a lot of writers are.  There are so many fascinating things to learn about.  Aboriginal people, black holes, diseases, Winston Churchill, tomatoes, pirates, how the brain works, you name it.  A dear friend just gave me an "Angel of Learning" to add to the inspirational muses on my desk.  She's a writer, too, but not able to write much, given the many (very rough) things going on in her life right now -- and yet, she remains caring, loving, full of spirit.  That's something I haven't learned yet but maybe my new angel will help.    

Challenge:   Pick one random new thing to learn about today -- my suggestion, a country (other than your own).  And write one thing (other than a to-do list) -- another suggestion, a brief note to a person who means a lot to you.  

Wishing everyone inspiration in learning and writing today.

No comments: